T33 SP1210 for Kef C60's HELP.!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I realise this is probably a real nubie question, but I thought I'd throw it your way anyway.

I have recently come into contact with my fathers old C60's (rose wood finish).

They are a lovely sounding speaker, except the high end on one seems to be about 6dB quieter than the other. My immediate thought was to try and source a pair of replacement tweeters, but after ringing KEF I was informed it would cost close to £200.!

Can anyone give me any suggestions on both...

Is it likely to be the tweeter, could it be the crossover..?

Can you suggest a different replacement tweeter that would fit in the KEF tweeter housing.?

Does anyone have a matched pair of T33 SP1210's for sale in or around london for a fairer price.?

Many Thanks
Isaac

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It's probably better if it is a crossover problem in all honesty! If it is an issue with the crossover it is probably a problematic resistor or capacitor. This will be much easier to replace like for like than swapping a tweeter.

The problem with swapping in a different tweeter is you have all sorts of issues with matching the sensitivity and impedance (not to mention phase and general spl curve). If they are not close it will throw out the crossover.

A quick google search on the tweeter model turned up this thread. Help me pick a replacement tweeter! (KEF 107) - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.