Are they the same? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2013, 12:35 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Are they the same?

Hi guys!
I'm working with a soundigital amp that have two op amps chips in it.
One is a TL074cn made by st, the other is a TL074cnds made by Motorola.
There is no PDF file for the Motorola for me to do the cross reference.
Can some one tell me if they are the same chips?
Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd May 2013, 03:43 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't know what the DS means. is it part of the number or separated some. If it is separated it could be a lot code. Here is a data sheet.

http://images.ihscontent.net/vipimag...D001-2-331.pdf

Is there any reason to think they are different, other than that number? Do they do the same job in the circuit? Usually the letters on the end refer to packaging.
Old 3rd May 2013, 07:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

In general the TL074Cxxx parts are commodity items and very interchangeable among manufacturers. The alphabet soup after "TL074C" varies from one manufacturer to another and is a code for things like the physical package (DIP, SMT, etc), the vendor "put-up" (loose parts, plastic tubes, tape-and-reel), special lead forming for automatic insertion, the die fab location, the packaging location, manufacturing lot code, etc, etc.

Somebody may have discovered, by accident, that parts from a particular manufacturer . . . or a particular fab . . . or a particular production lot . . . are superior in some electrical characteristic such as noise, offset, bandwidth, etc, but that information is seldom very easy to find.

Dale
Old 4th May 2013, 12:39 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks guys, I ordered it the ic from digikey, I will let you guys know how it goes.
Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!