LSK389/LS4391 jfets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Today, I got hard to find JFETs ordered at MICROSS.com in through hole TO71/18 package.
I asked for LSK389C and LS4391. The bags containing the parts are labeled that way, but on the metal cans, I can read «LSK389» and «LS439».
There is no printing on the parts about IDSS range like Toshiba did.
Some quick testing gives an IDSS of 2.9 to 5.4mA for the LSK389 and a pinch-off voltage of 2.9 to 3.5V for the LS493.
It seems I got LSK389A+B and LS4392. Not exactly what I expected...

Is it usual at LINEAR SYSTEMS not to print IDSS ranking or did I got fakes ?

Francis

check the Linear Systems website, download the pdfs and see what the standard markings are supposed to be?

Also you could try a direct email to Linear Systems, I do not know if they reply or not.

That and contact your distributor and let them know that you did not get what you ordered.

Somebody else may have better information...

Markings

I bought some LSK389 a while back. They were bought as IDSS "B" ranking, from a distributor in Florida,USA. They are in the SOIC8 pkg. I have yet to test/use these.
You are correct, there is no way to tell by looking at the markings, if they are actually "B" ranked.
I remember when Dennis Colin wrote the article LP797, in AudioExpress that he said that some of his tested samples did not meet the noise specs as stated on the spec. The article stated that he contacted them in this regard.
Unless you require, the dual matching, suggest to use a BF862 instead, you can probably get 25 of them for the same price as LSK389, in a can pkg.
Marking:
LSK389
0739 F

Sounds like a QA issues to me!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.