Need small shielded wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need small-diameter shielded wire. Braided shield would be nice, but I'd even settle for spiral-wrapped shield. I used to have rolls of really small thin shielded wire used for lapel microphone, which worked pretty well until I ran out.

I need it for improving some high-gain off-board and inter-board low-power audio signal wiring in power amps and preamps, and for pickup wiring in guitars. Like to/from input jacks and pots, and occasionally to replace a few critical lines in ribbon cables or even replace some circuit board traces. In fact, I'd love to find some one-conductor under shield, some 2-conductor under shield, and even sometimes I cold use some 3-conductor under shield, some 4-conductor under shield etc. High capacitance of small-diameter wire isn't much of a problem with the very short lengths I'll be using, despite high impedances.

Check out navships (Johnswireshop.com) on ebay. He's usually got small gauge twisted pair shielded wire. The stuff I bought is silver plated with a white teflon outer jacket, great fun to strip. Works very well for IC's etc.

apexjr.com also has similar, if not the same wire. Hard to beat his prices too.

jeff

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.