Aluminium shield for cables DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI, I'M SEARCHUING ONE PLACE TO PURCHASE 100 FT OF ALUMINIUM SHIELD FOR MAKE MY SIGNAL SHIELDED CABLES.
ALSO I'M SEARCHING SOME MU METAL BEND OR SHEET AT GOOD PRICE FOR MAKE MY 5 PAIR OF SIGNAL HIGH QUALITY CABLES GFOR MY SYSTEM.

THANKS IN ADVANCED

PAOLO , CHEERS :)

Last edited:
Could we have a collection so that the OP can buy a new keyboard. His current one clearly has a stuck Caps Lock key.

Mu metal is fine until you bend it. Then it stops working and needs to be heat-treated again.

Last time I looked aluminium shield was available in quite long lengths in most supermarkets or kitchen shops.

Hi!

As in Italy this is not available (aluminium shield), can I ask a link to someplace in Europe that sell it?

Thanks!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Copper roof flashing is VERY common in the construction industry and is available in rolls.

You could also take some RG58 type coaxial cable and pull the center conductor out of it, then you will have a tinned copper "Jacket" to work with.
Larger coaxial cables could be used if you need a different diameter of "Jacket".
I like RG400 since it is silver plated over solid copper.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.