PGA2311 pre-amp static discharge problem - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2013, 06:57 PM   #21
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Post deleted. Defeating safety grounds is always a stupid move, and such recommendations also fly in the face of general forum policy regarding the safety of devices connected to mains. The poster of this gem should be advised that further such recommendations will get the attention it deserves from moderation.
Old 6th April 2013, 08:02 PM   #22
dmills is offline dmills  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Sort out the decoupling, which appears to be mostly missing, also look to see if the processor board has the same problem.

73, Dan.
Old 14th February 2015, 10:43 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

So glad I found this thread. I got the fully assembled version and noticed the static problem immediately. It was exactly as described above. Moreover, the problem would occur simply out of nowhere, which I'm thinking was static in the environment due to very dry air here.

The bursts pretty much traumatized my 6-year-old daughter. I was going to return the device, but the cost of shipping back to China was over $80. Pretty high even if they said they'd reimburse. So I settled for a "new CPU," but in the meantime I opened the box and noticed there was nothing tied to the ground pin on the mains input.

Not being an engineer, I thought maybe the scheme was a "chassis ground," i.e., there are items tied to the chassis, but I really couldn't be 100% sure. I suspected the problem still had to do with grounding. It just seemed odd to have nothing tied to that grounding pin.

So I think I will tie what appear to the points where the components are tied to the chassis to the ground pin at the mains input, along the lines suggested above. Does that make sense?
Old 26th February 2015, 03:44 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to activexp Send a message via AIM to activexp Send a message via MSN to activexp Send a message via Yahoo to activexp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylgordon View Post

Not being an engineer, I thought maybe the scheme was a "chassis ground," i.e., there are items tied to the chassis, but I really couldn't be 100% sure. I suspected the problem still had to do with grounding. It just seemed odd to have nothing tied to that grounding pin.

So I think I will tie what appear to the points where the components are tied to the chassis to the ground pin at the mains input, along the lines suggested above. Does that make sense?
Yes it makes sense, but has it worked? I've grounded everything that can be grounded and I still have the problem but only when I play vinyl, usually when I remove the disc from the turntable, very occasionally during play

I'm out of ideas
Old 26th February 2015, 07:27 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

I gave up and threw it in the trash. My approach seemed to solve the problem at first, at least when touching the front panel or volume control. But when I nudged the device, it must have gotten some kind of static charge on the inputs (or somewhere) and, bang, it happened again. The seller was kind enough to respond to my questions and even sent me a new CPU. But that had no effect, so I pitched it. No use to me, even though maybe that sounds a little silly.
Old 14th May 2015, 01:30 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Hi bro...what is The problem?? The pga2311 are two version
One have The 0V to chassis and other nothing to chassis (no earth no 0)
To solved is put chassis at ground but not 0V that in one pcb go by a screw. Check The fixing...

Hide this!Advertise here!