Opinion on those electrolytics needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in position to buy pretty cheap those caps. How good are they and what are they worth? 01.89 is a production date?

Attachments

• siem.jpg
    siem.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 288
Those are pretty old. Might use that as a bargaining chip. Buy more than you need, reform them by charging, test them for leakage, and use the good ones, if the price is right. The article "Picking Capacitors" by Jung and Marsh shows how to test them for leakage. The article is on the net some where. Do a search.

Hi Peter,:)

Sikorel are the highest grade quality electrolytic caps from Siemens for industrial applications, very low ESR, very high ripple current, high temperature, long-life etc.
Should be excellent for audio power amps!

Very expensive when new - I guess one of them was $30 - $40, maybe even somewhat more.

They`re reputed they can be stored 10 years without degradation of specs!

If I´d buy older surplus electrolytics than those Sikorel - this ones You have are a bit old though - I wouldn`t pay more than maybe max. 2 - 4 $$ per piece in bigger quantities.
If You plan to buy a big lot maybe You can get a few samples first and to check them out before You decide what they are worth finally.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.