Mouser is great

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mouser has great customer service!
And now, they have a caller ID system that immediately pulls up your info when you call.. So I called to ask about an order, and started w/ my usual broad description of the issue, and then paused and waited for the lady to ask me for specifics.. But instead, before she asked my name or order number or anything, she just started talking about the order and said the part was out but they got them this morning ,etc, etc..

Anyway, I was so impressed I had to tell someone.. and so here I am.

Why doesn't EVERY call center use caller id? It's VERY nice to not spend 5 minutes exchanging account info and waiting for slow computer systems to pull up the info.

For my Mouser order last week they missed getting it out the door the same day it was placed. Next day I got an email the order shipped and they upgraded the shipping method from ground to air to make up for the delay. I am very pleased with Mouser.

Last two orders I've made with Mouser, I selected Priority Mail shipping, and received the packages by UPS. Does it just not matter anymore which shipping option the customer selects?

BTW, the invoices I received via email did show Priority Mail had been selected, so this isn't a PEBCAK issue on my end.

Last two orders I've made with Mouser, I selected Priority Mail shipping, and received the packages by UPS. Does it just not matter anymore which shipping option the customer selects?

BTW, the invoices I received via email did show Priority Mail had been selected, so this isn't a PEBCAK issue on my end.

I've had that happen. Typically my orders are small enough for USPS Priority Mail rate which is the lowest price shipping which is like $4.95.
I think USPS is getting slow or cutting back on a lot of their services or just falling behind....whatever.
Mouser must have some deal setup where shipping is processed by USPS at their rate but delivered by UPS or vice versa.
UPS is always more expensive like FedEx. So it might just be something Mouser has setup and use at their discretion. They certainly don't have trouble shipping quickly at low rates.
I certainly prefer USPS because it ends up in my mailbox whereas UPS delivers to the door and then won't always leave the package unsecured.....that's is what I hate about UPS or FedEx.
On the Mouser paper catalog I don't mind using the online version but I usually just do searches for my parts which I think is really intuitive and slick. Datasheets and all the price data you typically need for a component are there and you add it to your project order. It's so easy to delete or change anything you need at will. You can save it, review and tweak to your hearts content....totally perfect system...I wish other things in life were as well thought out!!
:)
BTW...What does PEBCAK mean?

I have been purchasing from Mouser for many years, 1 or 2 orders a week (some personal DIY stuff, mostly for my business) - generally they are my #1 source for parts. Texas to California is usually 2 and sometimes 3 days. Out of hundreds of orders, only a small number did not ship same day (if my order was in on time).

I too have had issues with selecting Priority Mail and them shipping UPS. Most of the time it does not matter. The one time it did, I called them and they picked up the tab for switching the UPS ground to UPS next day. Their customer service is top notch. They frequently upgrade the shipping at no extra cost to me.

I was one of those surveyed that opted for the online only version. I used to flip through the pages of the paper catalog occasionally, but when several stated to pile up unopened, I called to ask them not to send more. The online tools are just much more useful and certainly must be more cost effective.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.