Mouser is great - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th March 2013, 05:50 PM   #1
wicked1 is offline wicked1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Mouser is great

Mouser has great customer service!
And now, they have a caller ID system that immediately pulls up your info when you call.. So I called to ask about an order, and started w/ my usual broad description of the issue, and then paused and waited for the lady to ask me for specifics.. But instead, before she asked my name or order number or anything, she just started talking about the order and said the part was out but they got them this morning ,etc, etc..

Anyway, I was so impressed I had to tell someone.. and so here I am.

Why doesn't EVERY call center use caller id? It's VERY nice to not spend 5 minutes exchanging account info and waiting for slow computer systems to pull up the info.
Old 12th March 2013, 03:52 AM   #2
ArtG is offline ArtG  United States
diyAudio Member

I've used Mouser for years, and am very pleased with the company. I've never had an error in an order, and most of the time, I get same day shipping!
Old 12th March 2013, 06:22 AM   #3
Lavcat is offline Lavcat  United States
diyAudio Member

For my Mouser order last week they missed getting it out the door the same day it was placed. Next day I got an email the order shipped and they upgraded the shipping method from ground to air to make up for the delay. I am very pleased with Mouser.
Old 18th March 2013, 05:32 AM   #4
SirByrd is offline SirByrd  United States
diyAudio Member

Whenever I order from Mouser they upgrade my shipping from the cheapest option to second day air, for free!
I've ordered probably $2000 worth of parts from them over the years though.
Old 18th March 2013, 05:37 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I LOVE Mouser. Been ordering from them ever since their catalog was little more than half an inch thick. Their customer service has always been top notch.

However I was quite saddened to recently discover that they've discontinued their paper catalog. I'm really going to miss that.

se
Old 18th March 2013, 07:19 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Mouser is the best!
They have great shipping at low cost, their online parts search and BOM/project manager is fantastic. Everything is nicely packaged and has always shows up error free.
Much better service and easier search than Digikey..
Old 20th March 2013, 12:01 AM   #7
Mr. dB is offline Mr. dB  United States
diyAudio Member

Last two orders I've made with Mouser, I selected Priority Mail shipping, and received the packages by UPS. Does it just not matter anymore which shipping option the customer selects?

BTW, the invoices I received via email did show Priority Mail had been selected, so this isn't a PEBCAK issue on my end.
Old 20th March 2013, 12:28 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post
...saddened to recently discover that they've discontinued their paper catalog
In all fairness to Mouser, quite a while ago they sent an email linking to a survey about discontinuing the paper catalog. Most likely the majority of the respondents, myself included, accepted the enhanced online version as a suitable replacement.
Old 20th March 2013, 12:51 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

love them they don't ship till 8pm and box is in my hands the next day
Old 20th March 2013, 12:58 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. dB View Post
Last two orders I've made with Mouser, I selected Priority Mail shipping, and received the packages by UPS. Does it just not matter anymore which shipping option the customer selects?

BTW, the invoices I received via email did show Priority Mail had been selected, so this isn't a PEBCAK issue on my end.
I've had that happen. Typically my orders are small enough for USPS Priority Mail rate which is the lowest price shipping which is like $4.95.
I think USPS is getting slow or cutting back on a lot of their services or just falling behind....whatever.
Mouser must have some deal setup where shipping is processed by USPS at their rate but delivered by UPS or vice versa.
UPS is always more expensive like FedEx. So it might just be something Mouser has setup and use at their discretion. They certainly don't have trouble shipping quickly at low rates.
I certainly prefer USPS because it ends up in my mailbox whereas UPS delivers to the door and then won't always leave the package unsecured.....that's is what I hate about UPS or FedEx.
On the Mouser paper catalog I don't mind using the online version but I usually just do searches for my parts which I think is really intuitive and slick. Datasheets and all the price data you typically need for a component are there and you add it to your project order. It's so easy to delete or change anything you need at will. You can save it, review and tweak to your hearts content....totally perfect system...I wish other things in life were as well thought out!!

BTW...What does PEBCAK mean?

Hide this!Advertise here!