Source to find Amplifier cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
what would you like to spend?
Good looking and nicely machined cabinets are generally not cheap.
You can get a nice 19"-2HE cabinet with integrated heatsinks for about 140€. Have a look here.

This just an example.
It´s definitely no the cheapest cause of the integrated heatsinks.

Cheers
Jens

PS.: Do a search here in the forums. There have been many more suggestions about that topic.

I found something a little different recently (although I don't think you can buy one qite yet, and I wouldn't say that it was cheep) and that should be enough to cool even the bigest alphes. It is in fact supposed to be a totaly passive computer case (dissipating heat from CPU, GPU, PSU and optionaly the northbridge) so it has quite big heatsinks on it. The only small problem I can see with using a couple of these for some moster mono-blocks is that the are likely to cost around 700 euros, each. Ouch

http://www.nordichardware.com/reviews/cooling/2003/ZalmanTNN500A/

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

By conicindence I recently checked prices with diyparadiso.

Model C cabinet:
no cooling plate 69€
with one plate 89€
two plates 119€

Model E :
0 89€
1 119€
2 139€

Not really cheap IMO but of course it also depends on quality in general and not only the cooling effectivity.

Every finished cabinet will either be not good in quality or expensive. The salesman might be stupid of course but that´s another thing.
My first suggestion is actually quite an OK compromise as it is a rocksteady and heavy thing with two big heatsinks and nice holes in top and bottom cover.

To be honest : I wouldn´t buy it again cause for 100€ you get two (much better) heatsinks and can assemble the rest yourself.
So for around 140€ you get more of course but that depends on if you wanna take the challenge.

I think it´s worth it (not only moneywise)

Cheers
Jens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.