IC PHC series cap - good low ESR cap?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm always on the lookout for good low ESR caps, and ideally non-electrolytic. Can someone comment on IC's PHC series metallized polyprop film caps? I'm specifically thinking for duty as the cap immediately following a series pass regulator. Useful 4, 6.8, and 10 uF sizes at 600V. ESR in the 0.0034 - 0.0065 ohm range.

Newark catalog page featuring the PHCs - mistake for the 10uF, 600V cap's ESR according to the data sheet (follows..)

IC's data sheet for the PHC series caps

.. I'm specifically thinking for duty as the cap immediately following a series pass regulator...

That's exactly the purpose I wanted them for when I found them. You don't want a very large cap in that location (defeats the purpose of the regulator), but you want it to recharge as fast as possible. If there's a better cap out there for this purpose I don't know it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.