Wich one is real?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi , recently I purchased on ebay from US seller 20 panasonic FC caps 1000uf/63v, They look quite suspicious to me.
Can anyone assess wich one is the real deal?
Thanks for help.

Attachments

• DSC01898.JPG
    DSC01898.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC01899.JPG
    DSC01899.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01900.JPG
    DSC01900.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC01901.JPG
    DSC01901.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 124
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I have a two older 1000uf/16V, and not looking exactly yours
the 1000uf writing is much closer, and almost flows without spacing

but ofcourse they could easily have changed that since then
what was previously 'made in Japan' could now come from several places all over the world

will it still be the same cap ? who knows .... maybe its better :D

A PCB stuffing company that I worked for some time ago got caught out by just such a problem. The customer had specified a particularly low ESR Panasonic capacitor for a job and these were ordered through our usual method of buying from the supplier with the lowest price quote.

A while after the finished boards were shipped we received the whole 500 of them back because the caps did not meet spec.
We ordered another batch from a different supplier and when they arrived, apart from a slight difference in colour, they looked identical.

When we checked the ESR the difference was immediately apparent.
The 'fakes' had a reasonably good reading but the 'genuine' were ten times lower.
The purchasing guy got his butt kicked even though he followed correct procedure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.