Question about authenticity AD8620

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a 2 weeks ago form utsource AD8620. The first time i bought j554/2955 toshiba transistors from them witch was 100% fakes. This time I have similar problem. Operational amplifier looks different than sample what I got a few years ago. In tipical application dc offset in original AD8620 what I got is 0-1mV but in this what I ordered form utsource is ... 12-28mV depends on channel. Maybe the ad8620 what I got form them is form old stock I dont know. When I send them the picture with my question about authenticity of AD8620... I got a reply form them - "They are the same parts, you can put on board to use it". So its risky to use it because of high dc offset.
Could somebody tell me that AD8620 on the picture are fakes or not? There is a original sample form local distirbutor on the right at the picture.:confused:

Attachments

• 20130205_105604.jpg
    20130205_105604.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 144
I had a similiar issue with a friend of mine. An ultra low offset & bias current opamp, do not remember the part no., had an offset of around -14 to -18mV on all the ones he ordered 25 of them. It used to be 0.0mV as he did not have any better resolution meter. After struggling for a fortnight, he ordered parts from Farnell and that fixed the problem. There is hardly any difference between the parts by the looks. Except that the marking on the UTsource parts would go away with paint thinner cleaning, whereas the ones from Farnell stayed. After my experience and reading yours, I have no more doubt that they are fakes.

We shall shout it out : DO NOT BUY ANY CHIPS FROM CINESE SELLERS!!

DO NOT BUY ANY TRANSISTONS FROM CHINESE SELLERS!!

DO NOT BUY ANY CAPACITORS FROM CHINESE SELLERS!!
Only buy your parts from reliable sellers ( those are never in China )
If you have too much money, donate to the forum
please sing that with all of us.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.