Is there a unit that will do this or can someone build one for me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do all the audio installation at an athletic club, and I have run into a problem. There is a room that is divided into two parts, a weight lifting area and a treadmill area. The treadmills have TV's in front of them running through a wireless headphone setup. Recently I have installed enclosed cieling speakers in the weight area. Everything works fine, but a problem has risen. The equipment for the audio in the weight area is locked up for security and to keep members of the club from messing with it, and so it is not easy to access. So, as different numbers of people are using the treadmills, the noise carries over into the weight area and can drown out the music. So a manager with a key has to go change the volume, and then fewer people will be on the treadmills, so he will have to turn it back down. I know we could put a volume knob on the exterior of the cabinet, but this is a stylish place and they want everything automated. What I want is some kind of device that can hook up to both the signal and a microphone, and as the white noise from the treadmills increases and decreases, it automatically raises and lowers the volume in the weight room. Sort of like what GM puts in their cars, except it changes depending on the volume, not the speed of the car, obviously. Maybe something like this is commonplace and can be purchased, but I have searched and come up with nothing. If somebody out there can build something like this, I would be happy to pay them for it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.