Binding posts Brass vs Copper : does really makes differences ?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I would be quite surprised if somebody used actual copper.

no, they color it red to make you believe its worth more .... so they can charge your more
its the well known audiophile money laundry machine
and that one runs very smooth, and is always 'on clock'

btw, about cable spade connectors(Faston)
the good old ones were real copper, and nicely tinned
the real thing, good stuff....and cheap :D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
a friend of mine bought some of these. turned out to be brass instead of gold plated red metal
Really? I have two versions, one in brass, the others in tellurium copper. They do not look the same under the gold. The tellurium copper versions should say so on the plastic propeller part.

I don't know if the brass version is still made.

IMO, the quality of the connection will make much more of a difference than the material of the post.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A Dynaco had a terminal strip for bare speaker wire. Everything else is hogwash.
You can keep them! I grew up with audio gear that used terminal strips and bare wire or cheap spades. Rubbish. Seemed like 9 out of 10 audio problems came from the cheap and junky connectors we used to use.

I don't need exotic materials, but you can keep the Dynaco style terminal strips and cheap RCA connectors. I could not be happier than to see them go.

Cardas *does* make a solid copper binding post. I have used them. They are copper, solid, not plated.

This is the Cardas site: Cardas Parts

Easy enough to find.

Attachments

• CARDAS COPPER BP.png
    CARDAS COPPER BP.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
and about wbt products ?
sonic differences ?
they really value the money ?

they are unbeatable. real gold plating assures they will last for years, maybe some hundred years in environment after human kind vanished. they provide the maximum performance but if you could find them for fair prices. if you search them you'll find some with discount. WBT 0705 is one of the best IMO

ok, buy is only 30 ampere costant current!
too low for that price!
i don't understand why nextgen has only 30 ampere of costant current.
...also, why in nextgen the body is poliammide or nylon ?, are these materials harder then copper alloy ?
i'm always confused !

Last edited:
ok,
please justify this affirmation.
that's, a slim conductor does conduct better or worse current than a bigger one ?

Irrelevant. You're not talking about a hair thin conductor; even the cheapest ones are way larger than you need for this application.

If it psychologically feels better to you to spend a lot of money on exotic metals and huge conductors, go for it. You can even pretend it sounds different.