Any experience with cpcares ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

More than a month ago, I made a big order from cpcares (Electronic parts, Electronic Components, NTE replacement Parts, transistors, capacitors, and more!!!), an electronic components company based in Utah.
Living in Europe, and the items being shipped with USPS Priority Mail, I knew it would take some time... But I thought one month was beginning to be a bit long. So I emailed them... no answer. Tried their three different emails... it's been 10 days now, and still no answer.
I don't know what to do really, I'm afraid I've lost quite a lot of money.
That's weird, as I had ordered from them in the past, without any problem.

I wanted to know if any of you had this kind of problem with cpcares before ?

Thanks.

Any experience with cpcares (Centerpointe Electronics) ?

Hello,

An update about this.

December 2012, 13th : order for $397 from cpcares (Centerpointe Electronics) website. Order supposed to ship to Europe with USPS Priority Mail.
December 2012, 14th : $397 withdrawn from my bank account by Centerpointe Electronics.
January 2013, 13th : No item received yet. I sent an email asking for a tracking number. No answer.
January 2013, 16th and 18th : sent the same email to the two other contact emails. No answer.
January 2013, 25th : phone call to Centerpointe Electronics. I am told that my items are out of stock, and that I will have an email answer about their availability the next monday.
January 2013, 29th : I have received no email. I send another email, and this time, I get an answer : the items will ship directly to me from their supplier at the end of the month.
February 2013, 18th : I haven't received anything so far. Phone call to Centerpointe electronics. I am told that the items have shipped on february 9th, and should arrive any day now. I ask for a tracking number and website. I am told they will email these infos to me when they get this info from their supplier.
February 2013, 21th : Phone call to Centerpointe Electronics, as I have received no info by email. I am given the tracking number but not the tracking website. They said they will email it to me.
March 2013, 03rd : no news from Centerpointe Electronics. I ask again by email for the tracking website. No answer.
March 2013, 04th : phone call to Centerpointe Electronics. my usual contact is not there, but I am told he will send me the info quickly by email. No answer.
March 2013, 05th : another email to Centerpointe Electronics to ask for these infos. No answer.

So it's been now over three months I have ordered from Centerpointe Electronics, I have no news about my order, and my $397 have been withdrawn.

I will send a link to this thread to Centerpointe Electronics, so that they can contribute and explain what is going on.

smile44,
sorry to hear about your no-show order from the US company.

Two points I don't understand - why did you use your bank account rather than a credit card - what cover is provided by using your bank account, I would think there is none (I also live in France). had you used a credit card you would have been covered against what has happened.

Secondly, why use the very expensive Priority Mail option - I refuse to do business with US companies that insist on this - they normally charge way over the real cost. I have lost count of the number of transactions that have been successfully delivered by USPS to me here in France and when I lived in Spain using the far cheaper International Post option, in fact I have never had a no-show.

If for no other reason a credit card gives peace of mind and if you are disciplined to pay off any balance in time they cost nothing.In Europe they charge an annual fee which I have never had to pay with UK credit cards, which I use to cover my Paypal account.

Hi Black Stuart,

Thanks for your answer.
I think I need to clarify : I did use my credit card for this order.
But to my knowledge, there is no warranty for this kind of 'non-delivery' issue with a credit card (except when you use special credit cards, called e-carte bleue in France, especially designed for internet purchases).
I will ask my bank though, maybe they will help with this.

About the USPS options : I think they have Express Mail (quick, but very expensive), Priority Mail (cost is OK, but it can take two or three weeks to come form the US to Europe) and a third one (less expensive, but usually rather slow), probably the one you mentionned ?
Anyway, as Centerpointe Electronics apparently changed their plans, it should have shipped directly from their supplier that is not located in the US, so no USPS shipping anyway.

In this case, no shipping at all...which is a big issue for me obviously.
I'm still waiting from an update from Centerpointe Electronics Cpcares about this.
I'm sure their possible customers could be interested too ?

Hi smile44,
Having lived in Spain and France for the last 12 years I am appalled at how Spanish and French banks operate and AFAIK all southern European banks as well.

I only have 2 UK c/cards now but at the end of the 1980s' I used to have 6 which I used sensibly for both business and personal use. I had a total of £80K to draw on and frequently did for business purposes - far better to pay 2% for a month than get into rip-off loan arrangements with banks. What's more I have never had to pay a rip-off annual fee either.

Both in Spain and France - you can't get a decent limit unless you have investments with these banks. Only an idiot would have investments with any bank anywhere on this planet.

As to a special c/card to buy on the net - incredible if that's true. I suggest first you take a careful look at the terms and conditions of use governing
your c/card and make them show you where there is a get-out clause - I'll bet there is'nt one.

The French Consumer Organisation (which I have forgotten the name of but will be easy to find on the net) has big teeth and is not afraid to use them - ie. manufacturers try to limit their liability which is illegal under EU law.

Don't lose heart, instead check out the points I have raised - write everything down, point by point and don't be afraid to threaten them with lots of negative publicity and the Banking Ombudsman - do not accept a verbal refusal - demand a written refusal of responsibility. Photo copy this (never lose control of original documents) and take this to the Consumer Organisation.

Did you know that a cheque made out to one account can be countersigned and paid into another account entirely? Using this method a conman ripped off over €2 million from investors and the French bank concerned refuses to re-imburse them aka lots of lucrative work for lawyers.

IBAN transfers are by law supposed to be free within the Eurozone - AFAIK only the Dutch and Germans play by those rules, everyone else makes an illegal charge.

Keep smiling and don 't let the barstewards get you down.

Stuart

Thanks for the advice, and I will sure use all these available means to have my money back.
I still keep in mind though that normally, I should have received my items from Centerpointe Electronics in the first place, so this is where my problem comes from...

Centerpointe Electronics will keep my $397, but won't send my order......

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.