Help locating wire-to-board connectors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2013, 12:08 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Giessen, Germany
Default Help locating wire-to-board connectors

Can't find the type of wire-to-board connectors I'm looking for and think the reason is I'm not using the proper terminology. I've found many different types that will work, but not these (circled in red in image).
I'm Building Rod Elliott's P101 solid state amplifier.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Images
File Type: png Wire-to-Board Connectors-circled.png (293.1 KB, 64 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 02:18 AM   #2
DUG is offline DUG  Canada
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: mississauga ontario canada
If they are 0.1" spacing then look up MTA-100 series at Digi-Key (or elsewhere) and filter for through-hole

There are many manufacturers of these types...also look for IDC type parts.
Doug We are all learning...we can all help
"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere..."
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 03:37 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Giessen, Germany
Default Help locating wire-to-board connectors

Thanks DUG.
Yes, they are 0.1" spacing.

Obviously, I'm new at this and discovering that the language differs and is diverse. But great fun.
It also pays to be patient and turn over as many rocks as possible in the search for the right stuff at the right price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 05:09 AM   #4
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
They are also sometimes called headers or pin headers and they can be locking or non-locking.

Last edited by Bibliophile; 16th January 2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Refined definition
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Board to Board Header/Connectors for Audio Signals mutedsounds Parts 0 6th October 2010 12:37 PM
Gainclone, PCB wire connectors pacoblackxx Chip Amps 0 13th July 2010 08:39 AM
Internal PCB to Wire Connectors ? Jan Dupont Parts 10 16th September 2008 06:01 AM
linn speaker wire connectors tlparker Parts 5 9th November 2006 01:07 AM
Silver/Rhodium Connectors and Wire Killjoy99 Parts 1 25th February 2004 02:17 PM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2