Bluetooth Receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Looking for a bluetooth receiver that I can incorporate in a portable rig.
I know there are tons around, but I'm looking for something with Bluetooth 4.0 (or perhaps 3.0). It's important that it supports APT X.

I found two products that could fit:
Marmitek BoomBoom 90 aptX Bluetooth music receiver
auris: Bluetooth® for your Dock by Touchkraft LLC — Kickstarter

However, they are a little bit on the expensive side and also more like finished products, I would just rather to have a simple PCB without inclusion of buttons/led lights and what not that these finished products I linked to above have. Anyone know where I can get my hands on this? I mean, the people that did these two products surely does get there components somewhere..

Cheers

Car audio bluetooth adapters are sometimes heavily discounted. Or at least they are at one local audio/video store; I've seen them there for $20 to $30. The ones I"m thinking of are meant to be plugged into a car stereo aux input.

There is something to be said for the lowly 3.5mm stereo patch cord, though.

Car audio bluetooth adapters are sometimes heavily discounted. Or at least they are at one local audio/video store; I've seen them there for $20 to $30. The ones I"m thinking of are meant to be plugged into a car stereo aux input.

There is something to be said for the lowly 3.5mm stereo patch cord, though.

The problem is that they aren't v4.0, atleast not any that I've found. Do point me in the correct direction if you think you know any!

I would use a pre-built and tested module, being RF and dosn't realy lend itself to DIY.

Yeah, but same problem here, seems the only ones commercially available are v1.2 or v2.0, there are lots of products with v3.0 and v4.0 that's being sold, but I don't know where they source their parts.

There probably will be in time, but seeing as people are selling stuff now you have to be able to buy some sort of module right now, no?

Bluetooth Data Module | Wireless Data | (SPP) Serial Port Profile

I've been considering one of these, to incorporate into my ddx320 digital amp. They are pretty nice modules, and i asked a rep if i could transmit a2dp on my n900, and have it put out pcm digital, and he said its possible. IE, integrate the module into the amp chassis, and use that instead of a adc converter, and a 3.5mm analog connection.

Digital all the way baby :)

Until the amp/dac unit of course :p

Bluegiga WT32 with the latest firmware support aptx.

wt32 | Mouser Electronics, Inc.

I used this module for a project, pretty good module but expensive.

Do they come with the latest firmware?
What do I need to do to get this chip up and running in a rig? (How do I connect it to an amp). Planning to hook it up to an AMP6.

And also, how do I put the module into sync mode so that you can pair with an iPhone?

Last edited:
Gonna use an iPhone 5. I know it doesn't support aptX (without third part dongle), but still want to get the best receiver available to keep it as much up to date as possible. Not sure, but hopefully aptX support could be activated on the iPhone with a sw update maybe?

Anyway, the CSR page you linked me to lists commercially available end user products, I want to get my hands on the modules they use inside those (aptX and V4.0 support) to hook it up with a receiver and make my own portable stereo.

Differences in Sound Quality between various Brands of Bluetooth Receivers

There are a lot of parts for this on the marked. good known are CSI, Bluegiga and Laird.
What about differences by sonic quality?
Thanks for advices.

Bluetooth (A2DP and "apt-X" for HD)
[Kaufberatung] USB Bluetooth 3 Dongle der A2DP mit AAC und/oder APT-X unterstützt
Bluetooth apt-x - Bluetooth mit mehr Biss - AUDIO
What are head-fi members views on apt-x lossless codec (over bluetooth)? - Page 2
Examples:
LinTech Bluetooth Musikempfänger blueLino 4G mit aptX Technologie |
Bluetooth® aptX Musikempfänger blueLino® 4G | LinTech Bluetooth Produkte
List Of Apt-X Compatible Devices
JBA: List Of Apt-X Compatible Devices (transmitters, receivers, etc.)

Bluetooth BTM403
Module und Entwicklungstools BISM II - Bluetooth BTM403 | eBay
Laird Technologies - Antennas & Reception Solutions

Bluegiga Technologies Ltd.
Bluegiga - Our Products – Bluegiga
Bluegiga targets high-end Bluetooth Stereo embedded markets with apt-X® audio codec | PRLog
WT32 Bluetooth Audio Module – Bluegiga
WT32-A-AI - BLUEGIGA - MODUL,BLUETOOTH + AUDIO | Farnell Deutschland
WT32-A-AI4 Bluegiga Technologies | Mouser
WT32-A-AI4, Bluetooth class 2 Modul AIO, GPIO, I2S, PCM, SPI, UART, USB

Demo Bluegiga-WT32
Bluegiga WT32 - YouTube

press information
Bluegiga targets high-end Bluetooth Stereo embedded markets with apt-X® audio codec | PRLog

Laird Technologies
Laird Technologies - PR and News - Laird Technologies Licenses apt-X® Audio Codec Technology for Use in Bluetooth® Stereo Audio Modules
Laird Technologies - PR and News - Laird Technologies Releases Enhanced Bluetooth® BTM510/511 and BTM520/521 Wireless Stereo Audio Modules with New Firmware Update
The aptX Files: Laird module for Bluetooth stereo apt-X

Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR)
aptX® Audio Compression Solutions
Soundbars - Wireless Speaker Solutions
DDFA®: CSRA6000? & CSRA6001?
CSR PLC CSR8670

I recently bought a pair of Avantee Saturn BT receivers. They are apt-x, can act as either a transmitter or receiver with the flick of a switch, and have very good battery life.

I forget if they are BT 3.0 /4.0, but they were only $40 each, and for being able to transmit/receive, and the quality/functionality of the transceiver, i think its a pretty good deal for a great BT apt-x solution to your needs.

Even if you decide to mod them, i've been considering doing that myself to add more battery life, or try and increase the signal quality.

Sure Electronics is now selling a Bluetooth receiver board on their eBay store:
Apt x Bluetooth 4 0 Audio Receiver Board Wireless Music Stereo for iPhone PC | eBay

It claims to support apt-x! It has a Chinese TTK BTM98-8AA module soldered on it.
I've bought one so will update the thread when I've tested it. The plan is to install it behind my head unit in the car and plug it into the RCA inputs. It's a good option because it can be powered by 9-15V, most of the receivers you see are designed for 5V power.

2.1 or 4.0

I got the Sure 2.1 for a DIY boom box to use with my old 8G iPod touch.

Wires;never again.

I heard a little bit of processing background noise at the beginning but very satisfied now.

I am wondering if the 4.0 will offer better results and if it's support 2.1.

Best regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.