Found: source for cheap ladder attenuators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, if the kits really are under 20$us, (even 30 would be fine :)) count me in for at least three and maybe five or six!! I would order them right away, but I can't read korean... and probably that shipping from korea for only three units would be somewhat high. (As compared to a case of 50 or 100 units)

The best solution would probably be for someone with good korean/english communication skills to order a lot and then to sell them back in America :)

Sébastien

tool49 said:
Wow, if the kits really are under 20$us, count me in for at least three and maybe five or six!! I would order them right away, but I can't read korean... and probably that shipping from korea for only three units would be somewhat high. (As compared to a case of 50 or 100 units)

The best solution would probably be for someone with good korean/english communication skills to order a lot and then to sell them back in America :)

Sébastien

In the other thread on these, I think someone mentioned that that store charges a flat fee of $25 for shipping, so a group buy would no doubt be the way to go.

tool,
um... the page is in chinese (they speak chinese and taiwanese in taiwan). being taiwanese, i had to correct the post.

too bad i didn't find out about this post a week ago, i could have asked my friend to pick some up when we went to visit.

i think there's been some disscussion about it on the head-fi.org forum

Thanks diamdiam. Being neither chinese nor korean nor taiwanese, I had no idea taiwanese spoke chinese. Well case in point, they still have a lot of talent coming up with kits like these!

Well the time I spend building stuff like that is priceless. Even 1 dollar extra to have it made is not worth it, I'd rather do it myself. But then again, some may value their time differently.

Cheers,
Sébastien

I will probably mess a few myself. And perhaps burn my fingers a couple of times too. I probably wont be able to bend the circling cable the first 39 times. But nothing beats that feeling once you get it to work properly :)

Just like Mike Wazowski when he finally finishes up reconstructing Boo's door in Monsters Inc. It took a while, but he finally made it. (yeah I know, I should watch grownups movies, but those Pixar movies are just sooo good)

Sébastien

cowanrg said:
i dont know about you guys, but if i can buy this puppy on ebay assembled for $50, my time is worth a LOT more than $20 of assembly! sure, its DIY, but that is tedious, mindless work...

If I understand the page right (I dont read any foreign language), the assembled ones are $30. The kits are just over $10. Not sure how they can sell them for so cheap.

Randy

yeah, but anyone with two eyes would have just paid someone $10 to put the whole thing together for hum while he took celia out for a night on the town!

but thats just me :)

well, if they are only $30 assembled, im down with that. but only $10, and i have to burn my fingers? nah. btw, i dunno if i told any of you, but im very accident prone. i burn and cut my hands quite a bit. never anything serious, but ive been known to grab things and just hear a sizzling sound. im kinda used to it now. ill hold on to a tiny lead that im soldering until you can literally hear the skin burning. (im a very focused person when im working, hence my reason NOT wanting to put this thing together ;) )

tool49 said:
I will probably mess a few myself. And perhaps burn my fingers a couple of times too. I probably wont be able to bend the circling cable the first 39 times. But nothing beats that feeling once you get it to work properly :)

Just like Mike Wazowski when he finally finishes up reconstructing Boo's door in Monsters Inc. It took a while, but he finally made it. (yeah I know, I should watch grownups movies, but those Pixar movies are just sooo good)

Sébastien

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.