100mA 500VDC slow ceramic fuse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought you said slow 100mA.
I'm pointing out that a fast with roughly double the rating will rupture in about the same time.

If a slow 100mA is what you need, then you may get similar protection from a fast 200mA.

That is not all that far from fast 500mA.

Can you see where my suggestions and comments are going?

Any fast 500mA fuse is safer than no fuse.
If you can't get a 500Vdc rated fuse as low as T100mA then maybe an F500mA would be the next best.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I thought you said slow 100mA.
I'm pointing out that a fast with roughly double the rating will rupture in about the same time.

If a slow 100mA is what you need, then you may get similar protection from a fast 200mA.

That is not all that far from fast 500mA.

Can you see where my suggestions and comments are going?

Any fast 500mA fuse is safer than no fuse.
If you can't get a 500Vdc rated fuse as low as T100mA then maybe an F500mA would be the next best.

Will go between the tube HV PSU 350VDC & SSHV2 30mA

Try a Peavey or Marshall or Behringer guitar amp repair facility. Guitar amp people tell me tube guitar amps use B+ fuses all the time. I see using a 250 VAC rated fuse on 400 VDC as marginal. I use fireproof B+ resistors myself, Hint - 47 ohms 3 w is not big enough for a 5AR4 rectifier. Goes so hot it becomes transparent.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.