Rational RCA terminates for OCC wires

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wannabe DIYer here :birthday:
I am looking for the top price/value :hohoho: ratios for the analog RCA terminates that would not degrade a performance of properly insulated OCC wire.

Does anybody have a positive experience/trust for the Valab male terminates like MS Audio Gold Plated Tellurium Copper RCA Plugs 2 Pair | eBay
or these other *Rhodium* plated?
Are these Fake in your opinion?

FWIW I would like to use the solder-less screwing connection and not the solder as I'm not good enough to solder without the poor conducting tin and other traces around. So Eichmann Bullet seems 3x more expensive and less rational for me.

Does anybody know a similar or better rated alloys for the RCA pin than these *Copper-Tellurium-Phosphorous* that should theoretically make some 90% of that 1913 IACS 100%

Have anyone used some silver alloys or even the purest silver - less oxidation losses but worse conducting with insulating chloride or semi-conducting sulfide in a typical environment (TI Overview of the Use of Silver in
Connector Applications
), purest copper (probably a no way because of ox) or purest gold (why not, if you don't scratch it in-out everyday?)?

Should I pay more ($) attention to the pin-ground insulation and ground conducting like a special Copper Tellurium plate and another OCC wire for the ground vs brass and some cheaper copper wire for the good ratio?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have purchased RCAs from this vendor with the similiar Metal configurations. I made up some Audioquest DBS style powered cables using these rca,s.
I made 2 more pairs using red copper rca,s and the other set using ONIX pure copper pin rca,s from Parts Connexion.
After cable breakin, my gut reaction to Tellurium as a plus or minus sonic contributor is it adds a sharp edge to each note. This is slight and might give a dull system a boost.
I would avoid the screw down connection because you might not have the same consistant torque applied later on. With in/out connections and cable movement you won,t have the assured constant that soldered welds provide. i like WBT products but not their connection ideas.
I use WBT and TRT wonder leaded solders

Regards
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.