Help identify value of cap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a powered subwoofer that recently went dead due to a burned up cap. The company who designed and manufactured it is out of business, therefore, a schematic and parts list is unavailable. Since the cap in my sub is unmeasureable due to the damage, a friend who has the same model sub let me pull his amp board to get a look at the cap. It is a small, orangish-beige axial design, with a "^" symbol directly over the shaded bottom half of a circle. Below this arrow and half circle symbol is the number "520". On the other side of the cap are the numbers "104" with the letters "ZES" or "ZE5" below it (hard to make out even with a magnifying glass). Many thanks to anybody who might know what the value of this cap is.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The 104 would indicate a 100nF value (or 10 with four zeros 100,000 pF) or alternatively 0.1uF........

Sounds to me like its a ceramic, but a bit hard to tell from your description. Does it look like this?

Attachments

• capacitor.jpg
    capacitor.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 91
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.