Time delay without the $600+ expense??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A digital delay line ought to cost a whole lot less that $600. Aren't the Behringer units about half that?

You could construct an analog delay line with a bunch of coils and caps, but that could run you a nice chunk of money. Why do you need so much delay? 1 ms is pretty hefty. If you're trying to match up two drivers with different zero delay planes, in most cases you can jimmy up the crossover to give a flat response as long as you account for the delay in your design.

Thanks for the replies

I'm using a active filter (jbl m553) to divide the signal output...
Caps and coils would be a nice way to delay the signal i think... In Denmark add about 75-100 percent of what electronics cost in the US. Here a jbl controller, or filter, costs about $800 new... (i bought mine used in the states for 300...)

The reason why i need it is because i built my horn on the same baffle as the midtone.... (I thought of time delay costs only after i designed the thing...) Caps and coils shouldn't cost that much?

(doing it 'low' budget/DIY is a concern for me as i otherwise lose pride in the project)

Anyways - A link to doing it 'manually' would be nice, or some clue as to where/how to start investigating it...

Thanks,
Anders of Denmark

Hi again...

i checked the link out and i must admit it was a bit hard to see what they have done with the delay...

What im hoping is that, since i dont need the delay to be variable, there would be some kind of formula for which caps and coils to use, in order to obtain a specific delay of 1 ms....

Thanks a bunch

Anders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.