Capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gooday,
Can somebody plse identify these,
Some has ITT and STC marked on them, some have electrolytic marked on them. Stantelum is on some of them as well. Can they be used in audio or should they go to the bin !

Regards
Jan

Attachments

• DSC01433.jpg
    DSC01433.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
From the manufacturer's name and the capacitance/voltage rating on the top unit, I would hazard a guess that they are tantalum. Some types are better than others, but given their apparent age I'd be cautious using them.

They do superficially resemble polystyrene caps, but I'm pretty certain they are tantalum electrolytics.

Thanks for all the replies,
These are supposedly more than thirty years, they still test OK and very close to their supposed values with a capacitance meter. Some show polarity and some not. Will they be usable for something like a coupling cap on the input of an amplifier ?

Regards
Jan

Davidsrsb,
I wouldn't know, they were used as spares for microwave transmission here in South Africa , just thought they were of any value, everything was made better in the olden day's.The equipment they have been used on were analog and have been taken out of service a couple of years ago.

Regards
Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.