Amplifier Chassis Source Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I generally just go to a metal shop and get them to cut the pieces I need to build a chassis ......

I generally use 2mm aluminum for top , bottom , front and back and use 1/2 inch for the sides which I use as a heatsink ....... much cheaper to build if you are handy that way .......

Par metal has chassis ...... google it

Last edited:
Middle Atlantic Products make some reasonably priced steel boxes.
Middle Atlantic Products - Universal Panels, Rackmount Chassis, Access Panels

Lee's Electronics in Vancouver had some nice looking boxes last time I visited. Maybe these, but there's no pictures...
http://www.leeselectronic.com/index.php?cPath=1314_1285

I've used Hammond chassis boxes with aluminum rack panels bolted on. Like a 3" chassis and a 3.5" panel, 4" high chassis with a 5.25" panel (plenty of room for feet underneath).

For my very slow Leach build, I"m leaning towards welding a frame from square steel tubing and skinning it with expanded metal top and bottom, aluminum plate front and back panels, and maybe hardwood.sides.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the recommendations. I'm pretty handy but if there is a path of least resistance available which saves time I'll take it. If anyone else wants to kick in a source suggestion I've got ears on. I've seen a fairly nice chassis offered on the bay made Stateside.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.