Homemaking PCBs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am currently switching over from ferric chloride to cupric chloride (i suggest that anybody who etches more than a board or two a month should look into it... ill type a quick overview of how to get started if anybody wants it). So now would be an opportune time for me to forget the iron on method and look into photographic resist. Several people have mentioned applying photo resist yourself. Does anybody have any recommendations for brands that work reasonably well?

Thanks,
Chris

The self-applied photo resistant I'm using is "Positiv 20" made by "CRC Kontakt Chemie". It might be available under different brand/product names in other countries, I don't know. It comes as a 100ml (4,80€) or 200ml (7,50 €) spray. It dries very fast (15 min. at 70°) and lasts very long as you only need a thin layer.

For etching, I use a mixture of water, hydrochloric acid and hydrogen peroxide. I don't know whether it's against the forum rules to give a detailed description of the process, but it is a water clear liquid which works very fast even when cold, and also lasts very long. The ingredients are very cheap.

Really a huge improvement if you switch over from ferric chloride. Ferric chloride sucks, and the only reason I can think of why people use it is probably that you cand send it in a parcel or store it in a shelve for a long time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.