Price of Dale resistors... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Default Price of Dale resistors...

Is it me or Dale pricing at Digikey is out of whack?

A good example is this part number CMF5510K000FHEB

At Mouser it is roughly 0.15$ but the same part at Digikey is roughly 0.74$ at qty 1...

This is almost 5x more expensive... Last month those two companies were really competitive but now it is ridiculous... This seems to be related to Dale.

The girl I talked to at DK told me it was the normal pricing and lots of BS without even wanted to check is there was a markup error in the system for such a gap...

Anybody knows what is happening?

Do
Old 16th November 2012, 05:58 AM   #2
just another
diyAudio Moderator

I've had similar things at farnel where the same manufacturer part is on the system with two different farnel part numbers with widely different prices.

for the record, one off price on that particular resistor here in aus is 0.31 at element14 (farnell) and 0.189 at x-on

Make sure they are actually the same part code, there is a big difference in price between the FHEB and BHEB (F being 1% and B being 0.1%)

Tony.

I moved to parts.

Last edited by wintermute; 16th November 2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: moved to parts.
Old 16th November 2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
I've had similar things at farnel where the same manufacturer part is on the system with two different farnel part numbers with widely different prices.

for the record, one off price on that particular resistor here in aus is 0.31 at element14 (farnell) and 0.189 at x-on

Make sure they are actually the same part code, there is a big difference in price between the FHEB and BHEB (F being 1% and B being 0.1%)

Tony.

I moved to parts.
Yeah, I buy from both lots of resistors and it was always almost on par before and now for some reason the prices are way off. I've tried several parts in the CMF last night and it was always 3x - 5x more expensive than Mouser.

BTW, I went to see your pictures, really nice! I like the unknown blob worm!

Ciao!
Do
Old 17th November 2012, 11:13 AM   #4
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks! I've not been too active with my photography of late... Too many other distractions in life at the moment!

Tony.

Hide this!Advertise here!