Alfamag Toroidal Transfo: not sure how to wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought this transfo and I am not sure how to wire it. PC Mountable Toroidal Transformers | Low Profile PC Mount Transformers : AlfaMag Electronics

If you look at the PDF file linked there http://www.alfamag.com/assets/files...s 50 60 Hz PC Mount Toroidal Transformers.pdf

It looks like there is 4 windings on the transfo. I was expecting one for primary and another one, center tapped, secondary. Now there seems to be 2 primaries and 2 secondaries.

When I ordered it, I choose single primary, single center-tapped secondary.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

A dual 115Vac primary can be wired for either 115Vac duty or for 230Vac duty.
For 230Vac, the two primaries must be wired in series. Use a bulb tester to ensure no accidents due to incorrect phasing.
For 115Va, the two primaries should be wired in parallel, again use a bulb tester to avoid phase error accidents.
But a single 115Vac primary connected to 115Vac and one unconnected 115Vac primary will work. It works very well but has only half the VA capability of the dual primary version, half the ampere-turns.
But be careful, the unconnected primary has 115Vac at it's ends !!!!! and that "loose" primary is not properly isolated from the mains. There are only two thin layers of enamel between the mains and the loose ends !!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.