Audiobahn Expert Interconnect Cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
A while back when I was young and had more money than brains I purchased Audiobahn Expert interconnect cables for my car audio system.
They looked great and felt great, I have no problems there.
Now that I have gone and removed them from my car I accidentally broke one of the RCA's off in the removal process.
This must be a testament to their "Ultimate Grip Strength for the best possible signal transfer" that they bragged up.

I have now torn one apart and am surprised by the small gauge wire through the center.

However it is the best shielded cable I have ever seen.
It is composed of an outer clear PVC, 95% braid, 100% foil, inner PVC, inner 100% foil & 4 twisted 22awg copper wires.

So.......anybody thinking about buying some of these can now know what is inside them.

Attachments

• Interconnect Cable.JPG
    Interconnect Cable.JPG
    812.1 KB · Views: 54
For an unbalanced analog audio interconnect of reasonable length, the only consideration for the center conductor is mechanical strength. The impedance is high and the voltage & current are low.
The shield (return) on the other hand is a different matter. The braid should be as heavy as practicable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.