Samsung Capacitors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a so called "High-End" CD Player that has Samsung Electrolytic Capacitors.

I had never seen or heard of Samsung capacitors before. I'm not having any problems with the CD player, but I'm thinking about changing out these Samsung's.

I've changed out electrolyics in other components with the Panasonic FC series with very good results.

So; should I eliminate these Samsung Caps as soon as possible?

Well, anyway; I tried searching these Caps out. They must have been recently discontinued. There is no mention of electrolytic capacitors at the Samsung Electro-Mechanics website.

There do not seem to be any dealers selling them either. These caps are green and white, and have "SSL" printed on them besides the Samsung logo.

I just thought it was strange that this CD player used these Samsung caps along with Wima box capacitors. But, who knows; maybe these Samsung electros are supposedly pretty good quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.