DIY speakers - looking for help with parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My budget is 70$. Please recommend me an amplifier, subwoofer, tweeter...
It's rather hard to fit 2 bass drivers, 2 tweeters and crossover components to your budget. 70$ is about 55€, take in account that drivers will weight >5kg, then shipping costs in EU will be >15eur, so you have only 40eur left for all the components for 2 speakers. Very optimistical for building 2-way speakers.

With that money easy to find something from secondhand speakers from eBay.

On that budget, I would look for used or surplus speakers and parts. Building a chip amp should be feasible since chips like the LM3886 are cheap to buy and ship, and the expensive bits like transformers and heat sinks and filter caps can hopefully be salvaged from scrap electronics. But if you can acquire a 4 channel car amp, some people have successfully powered those from a computer power supply. That could be an easy way to a good 2.1 system since the amps often include an active crossover and bridging ability.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.