LM3875 socket

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice test box

Here is a link to my op amp test fixture.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/220535-discrete-opamp-test-circuits.html

304209d1349043913-discrete-opamp-test-circuits-mvc-010fa.jpg

Waht is that op amp?

WSJ..... I noticed the device under test in your post #23, marked Nexus.

Just went thru my old parts bin, and found four Philbrick/Nexis PP45U modules. They each have seven leads (+In, -In, +15v, -15v, common, output, and trim) They also have gummed labels on the side indicating Offset trim [16k], +I trim [331M] and -Trim [329M]. (The values in brackets [] vary significantly from one module to the next; these values have been handwritten on the with gummed label.)

All four appear to be unused.

Can you advise what these are (I'm assuming early Op Amps). Are they worth anything today? I'm old--please tell me they are priceless, so I can retire in style.... :D

Thanks.... Just curious......... Didn't mean to hijack the thread....(!)

WSJ..... I noticed the device under test in your post #23, marked Nexus.

Just went thru my old parts bin, and found four Philbrick/Nexis PP45U modules. They each have seven leads (+In, -In, +15v, -15v, common, output, and trim) They also have gummed labels on the side indicating Offset trim [16k], +I trim [331M] and -Trim [329M]. (The values in brackets [] vary significantly from one module to the next; these values have been handwritten on the with gummed label.)

All four appear to be unused.

Can you advise what these are (I'm assuming early Op Amps). Are they worth anything today? I'm old--please tell me they are priceless, so I can retire in style.... :D

Thanks.... Just curious......... Didn't mean to hijack the thread....(!)

Hi Jack.....No problem….
I worked at Intech in the 70’s, only 43 years ago. We made great discrete op amps, they sold for $150 - $450, at the time gas was 24 cents. Philbrick/Nexis sold similar op amps, so we evaluated the completion, most of ours were better.

Your amps may be worth putting on ebay. Do a search for discrete Op Amps and you will find some very good audio Op Amps.

The 990 Discrete Op Amp is almost exactly the same circuit as the A148 Intech, my personal favorite.
http://www.johnhardyco.com/pdf/990.pdf

The balance resistor is a selected single fixed resistor to balance the offset. The amp was made unbalanced to avoid using a pot to balance the amp, in order to keep the cost down.

Here are some Intech 10 MHz bandwidth op amps.

303604d1348774290-discrete-opamp-test-circuits-mvc-004f.jpg

7916960780_81fd2bfc19_m.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.