LM3875 socket

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
If the leads fit, the turned pin type of IC socket can be broken up and soldered into a pcb with appropriate sized holes. Twenty years ago I used to buy these pins on a metal header matching a dil IC size for in board soldering, but I haven't seen these for a long time.

If the leads fit, the turned pin type of IC socket can be broken up and soldered into a pcb with appropriate sized holes. Twenty years ago I used to buy these pins on a metal header matching a dil IC size for in board soldering, but I haven't seen these for a long time.

Great idea, thanks.

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 330
I am pretty sure this will end in tears for you.

I would prefer to invest in some de-soldering braid...

I use the socket pins for low current test parameters.
I'm designing some Op Amp test fixture adapters for the LM3886 and LM3875. The first adapter is the LM3875.

Test fixture measurements for LM3875, (Data sheet).

TA = 104° F
Vos = 0.128 mV, (10 mV)
Iibin = +90.9 nA, (1 μA)
Iibni = –85.7 nA, (1 μA)
SR = 20 V/μs, (5 μs)

As you can see, the measurements are much better than the data sheet maximum limits.

304497d1349220267-discrete-opamp-test-circuits-mvc-010f.jpg

I might have missed the explanation in earlier posts - so apologise if I am asking a repeat question. But...

What is it that compels you to want to measure these parameters? Are you planning to use these devices in some unconventional application?

Remember that these parameters will be quite dependent on temperature and to a lesser extent time etc...

If this is being used as the power stage of a current sink, you would probably be best off going something a tad more complex. I would consider using a low offset drift, low input offset operational amplifier as the sense element, and use the LM3886 as the power stage.

Alternatively, if you are not running this over a large range of currents, you might want to consider the error that the offset / bias of the LM3886 introduces, and size the current sense element appropriately.

But this is just me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.