Musical instrument microphones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I know there are different microphones for different musical instruments, I guess it's to pick up just a certain frequency band while on stage. What concerns me is microphones for the brass section, they don't need mcuh amplifying like vocals of whatnot do because the brass is originally so loud.

But, I'm not really sure on the differences and I was wondering if anyone knew, for I'd love to go the DIY route here. I don't know if it's the mike piece that only does certain frequencies or maybe there's filtering after. Hey, maybe I'm completely wrong about the fact that there are different kinds that pick up different frequences, maybe they're just better at somet then others. That's what I'm wondering if anyone knows.

Also, I've seen a couple of times where brass microphones (I'm talking about the clip on kinds for Trumpets, Trombones, Sax etc.) were wireless and I was also wondering if anyone knew if these were any good, I gather it's radio frequency, so I'm doubtful if they'd sound any good.

Thanks for any help. And well yes, I could just go out and buy one, but I'm a poor student and DIY is fun, so it all works out well for me.

Thanks for any help...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.