Help-Replacement part for 2sc4793

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
alternatives

If you are using 2SC4793/2SA1837 as drivers, you have
some alternatives: 2SC5171 / 2SA1930 also from Toshiba.
I like them better because they have high and symmetrical
fT = 200 MegaHertz compared to lower and asymmetrical
fT = 100 / 70 MegaHertz. I have them as well in 2 months
depending on factory schedule. Log on to Toshiba
semiconductors for data sheets.:smash:

Acliao,

You can use the MJE15030 from OnSemi in place of the 2SC4793. The complement of this device is the MJE15031. It's pin for pin replacement.

These devices have four times the current rating, appreciably more dissipation as well, and are rated at 30MHz. This is not so fast as the 4793/1837, but in practice, and particularly on an audio amplifier, you won't notice the difference as the emitter follower is intrinsically a very fast configuration; the slowest device on an audio amplifier is, by design, the voltage amplifier.

Cheers,

Hugh

.......... rated at 30MHz. This is not so fast as the 4793/1837, but in practice, and particularly on an audio amplifier, you won't notice the difference as the emitter follower is intrinsically a very fast configuration; the slowest device on an audio amplifier is, by design, the voltage amplifier.
7years old, but I do like the nibbles left by AKSA for us mere mortals.

Toshiba 2SC4793 for stock Sanyo 2SC3467 ?

.......... rated at 30MHz. This is not so fast as the 4793/1837, but in practice, and particularly on an audio amplifier, you won't notice the difference as the emitter follower is intrinsically a very fast configuration; the slowest device on an audio amplifier is, by design, the voltage amplifier.
7years old, but I do like the nibbles left by AKSA for us mere mortals.
Old but still good post! :)

And taking advantage of it, I'd like to ask a question regarding a possible substitution for another transistor, the Sanyo 2SC3467 (pictured below), used in pair in a NAD 306 amp that is getting TOO HOT and I'd like just to be sure if the Toshiba 2SC4793 is a good candidate for replacement...

Stock: Sanyo 2SC3467 - 200V / 0.1A / 1W / ft 150MHz / Cob 1.2pF

Replc: Toshiba 2SC4793 - 230V / 1A / 2W / ft 100MHz / Cob 20pF

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thank you! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.