pots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dual pots with different resitances are not uncommon, they just won;t be found in applications like stereo volume or balance. Probably not a lot of applications in hifi circuits. WOuldn;t surprise me in a guitar amp or some sort of audio processing gear. For example one deck sets a level while the other deck controls a threshold in some compressor. That sort of thing

Hi, I was looking for volume pots/potentiometer of Alps 150k for my Sansui AU-519 amp. Its quite difficult to source this. I need it to replace the existing ones as I was told they are faulty. I have faced problems with the volume suddenly dipping very low and also with crackling sound too..also the relay (on/off switch) also keeps blinking alongwith the crackling sound and volume almost lost.

Or the pot needing simple cleaning.

Most pots in commercial equipment are made to order. SOmething like a dual pot with on off switch is almost certain to be a custom item for some stereo manufacturer. SOmething like that in a catalog may well be surplus goods. However, that doesn;t stop you from looking for a "replacement" part from some other maker. I have a couple old Sherwood dual concentric pots, and they would work in something other than a Sherwood if I needed them to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.