Help locating C3228 transistor...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys first post here. I am trying to source some parts for a repair I would like to try. The problem is a blown power supply. I have removed the bad parts(FETs,gate resistors, drive transistors) but I am having trouble locating a few parts. Namely the C3228. It is paired with an A1275 transistor which drive the gate resistors it appears.
For the life of me I can not locate C3228, which I believe to be either 2SC3228 or KTC3228 from what I am reading. But it does not bring up any matches at mouser or digi.

can anyone give me some direction? I would like to replace the with exact matching components and not substitute if possible.

Thanks in advance

I found the 2SC3228 data sheet myself. That was not a problem I just wanted to make sure what they had and what I was finding were the same. As 2SC3228Y is more expensive, but has no data sheet that I can find. When I search it it takes me to the 2sc3228 data sheet.
I just wanted to confirm my thoughts before taking actions.

But thank you for your help.

So. I ordered the transistors with no data sheet from the site. They show up and what do ya know they aren't the same ones:( They have the right part number but they are different then my originals. And they differ in shape from the data sheets I found. So I'm back to square one....I'm gonna try and find data on these and see if they will work.

Well guys I thought I would post a couple pictures of the 2 transistors I have....First one is the one I am looking for. It is an NPN BJT drive transistor in the power supply section of this amp. It is square in shape with beveled sides and flat back.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The ones I ordered are the same number C3228 but have a different shape like this...
2sc_2235_npn_120v_0_8a_0_9w_to92.jpg

There are lots of companies that make the same numbered parts and some of those companies might simply use a slightly different shape of transistor than other companies ......

If you look up many datasheets for a part number there might be 5 different companies making the same part and they look slightly different ......

Cheers

So I have found. But that is not the cas here. I believe the part I am oooking for is in fact KTC3228 which is a KEC brand transistor. But I have found it to be obsolete. Or at least discontinued. So I am looking for NOS C3228 transistors I guess. I am learning as I go. But it seems very in depth. Thanks fo all the help guys!

I understand. In my search I came upon 2sc3228 which I thought to be the same component I needed. But when in fact it is KTC3228 that I have. When I search that data sheet it brings up the same shape trandistor I have. But I have found some with 2sc prefix and KEC shape. So I am confused a bit. But I am in talks with a couple people in locating what I need.

Again I am new to this so please understamd.

I understand what you are saying but what im trying to get across is that internally a KTC3228 and a 2sc3228 are the same and have the exact same specs for the most part ...... They are the same transistor internally but have a slightly different package .....
Much like when you go to shell and get gas it is the same gas you would get from chevron , or buying a mufler from Mopar or from GM , They are pretty much the same product in a different package .......
You could theoreticly use any transistor with a simular voltage and HFE rating and the curcuit would work .......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.