V-Cap Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I am considering doing a Teflon cap upgrade to a pair of monoblocks I have. The schematic can be found here:

http://www.4tubes.com/SCHEMATICS/BY-BRAND/Kebschul/Kebschull 3570 Bedienungsanleitung.pdf

Scroll down the the bottom of the page.

I am looking for your help to point out the caps that would have the most influence on the sound quality of the amps. I am trying to avoid spending a ton of money on caps that won't have a significant effect on the sound.

At this point I need to make sure that Teflon caps in the correct value will fit into the chassis! Thank you in advance for any help!

1) 0.1/0.33 400V caps leading to screens of output tubes.
2) Caps connected to 6SN7 LTP (from grid to GND).
3) Electrolytes in cathodes of EF86 and output tubes (+ film caps connected parallel to electrolytes in cathodes). Use high grades electrolytes as Rubicon, Panasonic, Sanyo.

If this unit is old, consider also the following:
1) Replace all electrolytes with 105C low ESR Rubicon, Panasonic, EPCOS.
2) Use ceramic (several thousands pF) parallel to electrolytes in order to suppress HF noise.

If you want best for the buck, consider buying Panasonic metal propylene (or if you insist on teflon, Auricap or Russian FT3) instead of useless boutique items. Anything above market price of industrial items is just someone's profit.

Quote from website:
"...I consider the VH Teflon caps to be one of the most important developments in "High-End Audio" in the last decade. I say this from the perspective of an audiophile in general, and particularly as a hard-core modifier.

So no digital audio, no 24/32-bit DACs, no modern materials for speakers...

Blatant marketing puke.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
At this point I need to make sure that Teflon caps in the correct value will fit into the chassis!

In most cases Teflon caps don't fit in to the general amplifier box. All of them (russian FT-3, SCR, Aura-T, V-Cap) are HUGE!

I am a little skeptical, that this amp "good enough" to expensive teflon recap.
Maybe Auricap Metalized Polypropylene cap a better choice.

capacitor_film_auricap.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.