Silver ribbon cable and hookup wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking online for silver ribbon cable and haven't been successful. I would like to find something similar to this cable, which I found in an ebay ad: imgur: the simple image sharer <-- that cable was part of a cable assembly and wasn't worth buying because of the high price. I'm just looking for a very short length to connect digital signals between two boards (DAC and I2S board). Does anyone know where I can find such a product?

Also looking for some nice silver/silver-plated hookup wire with clear sheathing... I'm going for aesthetics in the build I'm working on, and am in no way looking to spend more money for a "better sound"... I just want some hookup wire that will make the build look classy and isn't too expensive :)

Thanks for your recommendations! I am located in Canada, so a local North American retailer would be best.

duelund silver foil, not cheap though

No, this is the wrong kind of ribbon cable you're talking about. I'm talking about ribbon cable made of inidividual circuits... like the kind of ribbon cable you'd use to connect between older PATA drives in a computer. See my referenced image above: imgur: the simple image sharer

Yes, silver-plated wire would work too - I'm looking for aesthetics in my build, I don't believe using silver wire over copper wire will improve the sonics or anything like that.

North American retailer would be best.
DH-Labs make quite good hook-up cables. Look on their website for neares dealers. They have pure-silver Revelation AG-18, AG-23 and silver-plated SH-18, OFH-14. Seen some on eBay too.

I use SH-18 (teflon isolation and silver-plated AWG18 copper). It is good in crossovers and I like the price.

AG-23 could be interesting for you, but it is not cheap.

No, this is the wrong kind of ribbon cable you're talking about. I'm talking about ribbon cable made of inidividual circuits... like the kind of ribbon cable you'd use to connect between older PATA drives in a computer. See my referenced image above: imgur: the simple image sharer

Yes, silver-plated wire would work too - I'm looking for aesthetics in my build, I don't believe using silver wire over copper wire will improve the sonics or anything like that.

then no, i've not seen Ag or SPC ribbon cable in clear insulation, let me know if you find any, you can definitely get spc and Ag ribbon cable, but i've not seen it in clear and you can only buy in fairly large amounts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.