Enclosure ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hammond makes boring cases as well...

There once was a website called 'elektroluv' or something very close. Because of all the new media hits I'm not able to find it anymore... but this guy made original enclosures from stainless steel, copper and more for his tube amps. Very nice work among them.

Penn Elcom » MSB » Frame Extrusions

Penn Elcom » 10201-20 - 10245-20 » Frame Extrusions » MSB

Use the 2U extrusions for front and back, and use side panels made from wood, metal or whatever. The side panels screw into holes in the extrusions. Very easy to make any size enclosure. I've used it a lot.

I also use and prefer making panels from subrack components - more expensive but more flexible. I use all sorts of different top plates in a modular system.
Rittal RP 3684.562 Front horizontal rail (A) 84 HP

Use these strips top and bottom at the front, and same at the back, and use a thin anodised aluminium panel in between. The sides bolt on to the ends of the horizontal strips. You also need the threaded inserts. These are M2.5 and any amount of top panels can be screwed on and off easily and quickly. I love the system for prototyping.
Rittal RP 9901.816 Threaded insert M 2.5 84 HP (5X2)

Andy

Attachments

• 300bbestphoto.JPG
    300bbestphoto.JPG
    474.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 26Pre_best.JPG
    26Pre_best.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 257
  • 10Y DacPre-1.JPG
    10Y DacPre-1.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.