1000uf / 50v Elna Silmic II x 10 +10000uf Keltron 50v/rail or 1 Mundorf AG 10000uf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...21d1301507097-f3-builders-thread-img_1383.jpg

I want to get best psu for quality when i say ultimate quality its like competing with Mundorf AG caps.

Im thinking to use 10 x 1000uf 50v elna silmic2 caps + 10000uf 50v keltron( sprague) designed caps or...
one 10000uf 50v Mundorf AG.. Cost wise both are same but when one will perform well as Nelson Pass has described that no matter where ever one uses silmic 2 sound great..

Even Aussie amp Nx101 signature module uses 1000uf x 8 nichicon per rail per 110watt into 8 ohms total 16000uf for each 110watts into 8 ohms module..

Please let me know which is better in terms of bass/mid/highs timbre whatever....

I have added one 10000uf / 50v cap for the elna bank in case if the bank feels big cap to get deep bass note.

Last edited:
Just generally... pass labs amps i never auditioned any of pass either diypass or passlabs amps but i did for Plinius sa103, Krell KSA, MBL monoblocks etc... But reviews say pass has everything and misses nothing... just in one statement...

But i wanted to know in general since both are costing me the same but which gives me the best quality of sound? I heard that the highs might get brighter? but silmics have soft highs...

If anybody tried this or if somebody can tell with their power bank experiences would be very helpful..

so if its a gainclone then they sound better than Mundorf AG? I just thinking that im underestimating elna silmic II so that not hesitating to use them in PSU. Im thinking of another amp verison 12 x LM3886 for a 5.1 amplifier so do you say that its better to choose the Silmic 2 in the above configuration?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
so if its a gainclone then they sound better than Mundorf AG? I just thinking that im underestimating elna silmic II so that not hesitating to use them in PSU. Im thinking of another amp verison 12 x LM3886 for a 5.1 amplifier so do you say that its better to choose the Silmic 2 in the above configuration?

Plinius, Krell, MBL, gainclones, gainclones with 12 LM3886's.

This is a dedicated Pass Labs forum so once again this thread is being moved to "parts forum" as a general discussion.

Please do not repost it back there as you did before.

:cop:

Gainclones are very sensitive to capacitor quality so any good battery of them will bring improvement I guess. So go on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.