Replacement woofers needed for POLK RT2000P - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th August 2012, 12:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Replacement woofers needed for POLK RT2000P

I need to replace my 8" powered woofers in my RT2000P speakers (rubbing the voice coil) but Polk does not support this speaker anymore. Additionally, parts-express does not have a x-reference for the parts either.

Has anyone replaced these successfully or can you recommend a replacement that is compatible with the built in amp?

THX
Old 23rd August 2012, 07:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Call Madisound and ask?
Old 24th August 2012, 02:29 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Same situation. Polk uses their own unique stuff so there is no easy x-reference...I am hoping to find someone who has replaced them with something available and of similar sound.
Old 24th August 2012, 08:58 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm surprised that Madisound couldn't help. Are there Polk-specific forums out there?

It's not so much compatibility with the built-in amp you need; the woofers also need to work with the cabinet volume and port dimensions. If you post good photos of the drivers front and back (and include the mounting flange diameter), perhaps someone can offer advice.

Hide this!Advertise here!