Unwinding secondary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been building a Leach amp for a long time now and I still can't seem to get it to work. Recently I've begun to think that my voltage is too high. The toroidal transformer I'm using is rated at 88 vct so after rectifier/filter I'm getting about +/- 62 volts.

Is this too high? If it is, can somebody tell me how to unwind the secondary or is it not a feasible/safe DIY job?

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks

Peter

Um, I would recomend that you just get the victoria magnets transformer. It is a good transformer and might make it so you don't set your amp (or your dorm) on fire (again). Maybe you should get bigger heatsinks also while your at it. Oh, and build a set of electrostatic loudspeakers. Don't forget that preamp either.

BTW while we are at it, did you ever get that momentary switch working?? Or what about that CD pro II?

If you need inspiration you could probably talk to your suitemates. They might have a few suggestions.

Best of Luck,

Wes :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.