Mono Boombox Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This will have been the second boombox I've built and I'm looking for some advice/vastly improve on previous design.

I will be using this woofer (unless anyone says otherwise) because of it's high efficiency and because it doesn't require a large cabinet:
Eminence Delta-10A 10" Midrange Driver 8 Ohm 290-412

My question is "what tweeter would go well with this woofer?"
i have a lot of experience in digital electronics (and some in analog, enough to design amplifiers) but I'm still fairly new to speakers, crossovers, etc (it seems like there's a lot of things to consider while designing that arn't exact science such as tweeter type, capacitor type, order of filter, etc etc).

I have briefly looked at piezo tweeters (such as gt-1005), but by looking over these forums it appears people prefer silk dome or other types of tweeters. My goal isn't absolute audiophile quality (it is a portable boombox after all) but just a good kicking bass (hopefully that woofer will deliver) and an acceptable mid-high range (nothing that makes you go wow, but definitely so it doesn't take away from the music as you cringe to listen to it).

tldr; I need help picking out a tweeter to go with aformentioned woofer; maybe also a little crossover help.

Thankyou!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.