Panasonic 22.000 uF fake caps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Hey I bought some capacitors no too long ago and they blown like pop corn. I tried 2 with the same resulted. At the beginning they started to get sponged, hotter and then they blown up. I trashed all 12. They looked same as your after they blow up. Save those for the 4 of July.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
It goes to show that E*ay brought the hobby good things but quite questionable stuff as well. Not the fault of E*ay of course but it is not the same as an official distributor of brand stuff. I would buy large can caps from a normal distributor just to be sure.

The OP bought the parts from a dedicated webshop, not ebay. Yes ebay is an easy outlet for sellers of fake parts, but to say that one should never buy any parts on ebay because they're all fakes is a little extreme.

Most of the time it's pretty easy to get an idea if the parts you are buying have a high chance of being fakes or not, you just have to pay attention and maybe do a little research.

They look very dubious to me. There is a reason that the cheapest decent caps are about £10 each for 63v 22kuF! I suspect I've had fake LM3886's and a short lived CS8412 all in kits from china and my green dac from Analogue metric has some very dubious looking nichicon fine gold smoothers!!!

Never buy caps direct from china, its just far too easy to print heatshrink and sell ant thing on as "For Audio" etc. I suspect that the heatsrhink is on the wrong way round and you've connected that cap in reverse. You should remove the other caps and check the markings on the solder tags to see if the wrapper was the right way round.

Last edited:
I suspect that the heatsrhink is on the wrong way round and you've connected that cap in reverse. You should remove the other caps and check the markings on the solder tags to see if the wrapper was the right way round.

Comparing his pics with the other online pics of the cap it looks like it was on correctly. The negative side printing is on the side by the lead with the black marking.

Could have very well been assembled incorrectly if they were hand made by tired workers who just don't give a ****. I doubt they even get tested after assembly.

I found a difference in the position of the diodes D25SBA80. The image on the left of the seller Minishow0328 is inverted in relation to the right, Zoe Tsang Store.

But the observation of the price of U.S. $ 8 dollars for a unit is an indication that it is counterfeit product.

Incidentally, I asked the store once and his response was:

" Dear Friend,

Sorry for
the late reply we are busy in this period to the Christmas and New Year is coming. We do not care about any comments in diyaudio.com forum, we have very bad reputations HAD there, but it does not Affect our customers continuous support. Also, we believe the forum is not the biggest forum in the audio world.

Please
return the capacitor to the Following address with Economic airmail. We must send you back the correct voltage and similar capacitances (promised Smaller variations). Do not worry for it, all of our customers are satified with our services.
Analog Metric Limited - Audio Design & Manufacturing
Unit F1-205, 2 / F Hang Fung Ind. Bldg. Phase 1,
No. 2G Hok Yuen Str, Hung Hom, KLN, Hong Kong
Product line: Analog Metric - DIY Audio Kit

Please
advise.
Best regards,

Philip "

Attachments

• minoshow.jpg
    minoshow.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 182
  • zoe.jpg
    zoe.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 176
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.