Need help wiring DPDT switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a DPDT switch which will be used to turn on/off an amplifier connecting to a PCB board. The PCB board has 4 holes for the switch marked S1-(2 holes) and S1+(2holes). The DPDT switch has 6 contacts marked 1,2,3 on top and 1B,2B,3B on the bottom.

So; I just want to know which four contacts on the DPDT switch will go to which holes on the PC board. Switches always confuse the heck out of me. I just don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for any help.

Use the two center contacts as one pair (i.e., 2 and 2B), then pick either set of contacts at the end for the other(say, 1 and 1B). If you don't like the direction the switch ends up pointing, you can either move the two leads at the end to the other end or you can loosen the switch mounting nut and rotate the switch.

SY said:
Use the two center contacts as one pair (i.e., 2 and 2B), then pick either set of contacts at the end for the other(say, 1 and 1B). If you don't like the direction the switch ends up pointing, you can either move the two leads at the end to the other end or you can loosen the switch mounting nut and rotate the switch.

Thanks so much!! That helps a lot. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.