Anyone bought occ wire from tzeng_albert (Albert Audio)? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th June 2012, 01:39 PM   #1
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone bought occ wire from tzeng_albert (Albert Audio)?

I was looking for a cheap source of occ bare silver wire and (thought) I had found it on ebay from seller tzeng_albert who operates an online audio shop called Albert Audio. I ordered 100 meters of 28 awg occ bare silver wire, sent the money ($100US) by paypal, and waited, and waited....He couldn't provide proof of shipping so after close to three weeks I started a paypal dispute and he refunded my money without explanation...Has anyone ordered this wire from him and actually received it in the recent past? He has a good feedback rating on ebay but this poor transaction has me scratching my head....Seemed too cheap to be true.....

Anyone have another source for cheap occ silver bare wire?
Old 9th June 2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Jadran is offline Jadran  Croatia
diyAudio Member

I did, but from "music in life" shop, which I suppose are the same people (shop)
and it was AWG28 UPOCC SILVER Audio BARE WIRE 20M, shipped fast registered - with tracking number. The same method have both of shops "FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE by registered airmail." as stated under the items so I wonder you didn't get the track no. But you got your money back after all.
Try the other shop and order 10m of wire, try it and see if you like it. I made one interconnect with this wire in Teflon tube for CD-Preamp. and it's excellent
Old 9th June 2012, 06:27 PM   #3
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

After looking around I see that most bare 28 awg occ silver wire is at least $2 a foot. His was offered at about $1 per meter, or about $0.30 a foot. No way that is for real.....I also looked around and found several other complaints about him. Seems he also delivers fake stuff too so I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "occ silver wire" he does ship is fake.

Appreciate the comments.
Old 9th June 2012, 07:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
After looking around I see that most bare 28 awg occ silver wire is at least $2 a foot. His was offered at about $1 per meter, or about $0.30 a foot. No way that is for real.....I also looked around and found several other complaints about him. Seems he also delivers fake stuff too so I wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "occ silver wire" he does ship is fake.

Appreciate the comments.
This way you will never know.
For the money it is an excellent wire, and I would never accuse someone to sell fake goods without strong proof. If that would be the case there is "Report item" option on eBay.
cheers
Old 9th June 2012, 07:58 PM   #5
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadran View Post
This way you will never know.
For the money it is an excellent wire, and I would never accuse someone to sell fake goods without strong proof. If that would be the case there is "Report item" option on eBay.
cheers
I have already found reports of him shipping fake electrical components....

The price he is advertising the occ silver for seems to be less than the price of silver. That alone should make people very suspicious. I already gave him an order and he failed to ship. This seems to happen with regularity with him. I was, unlike others, lucky to get a refund. I won't be rolling the dice with him again....and would strongly encourage others to do their homework before sending him any money....
Old 9th June 2012, 08:09 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I suggest you to go here and buy Tempo Electric : Pure Silver Cables

cheers
Old 29th September 2012, 08:23 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

I did bought several time from Albert Tzeng last year, mostly solid silver cable and several audio capacitor.
As far as I experienced, he did great deal, ship fast, honest, and fast respond.
The upocc silver and copper cable he sell sounds great in my system.
Old 2nd October 2012, 01:03 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I have bought gear from both Albert's and Music in Life for some time and had no problems at all and found them excellent to do business with - sorry to hear of your difficulties and it does surprise me.
Old 29th November 2012, 07:33 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I have it on good authority that this wire is fake. Also, see this:

Shady Lane

Steer clear!
Old 29th November 2012, 08:08 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Nothing's fake here, and nothing to do with that three years old post;

NOTE (from tzeng_albert eBay shop) : UP-OCC and PC-OCC use the same material and process developed by Dr.Atsumi Ohno. UP-OCC is manufactured in Taiwan by Wan Lung Electric Wire & Cable MEG who also the owner of NeoTech and manufacture Hi-End cables for US/European/Japan brands.

cables, Hi-Fi Cable for A/V system, high-end speaker cable, Super-VHS video cable, Scart cable, OCC pure copper cable and Pure silver cable-Taiwan.

Hide this!Advertise here!