Need cap help for Adcom GTP-600 Tuner/Pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I got this GTP-600 it would only tune stations 105 thru 107. I found a helpful post that said that the culprit was often variable capacitors CT101, CT102, CT103, and CT104 (indicated with red arrows in attached image). Indeed, after turning them back and forth and using some DEOXIT, everything immediately began to work perfectly. However, every couple of weeks the tuner fails again, and I have to take the cover off and do the same procedure, turning them back and forth, and using DEOXIT. This has been going on for a couple of months now.

Any ideas of what might make the fix longer lasting, or do I just need to replace them? And, would it be likely that I could find the exact same caps through a supplier, to make it easier for me to swap them out?

Attachments

• adcom03.JPG
    adcom03.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 84
The GTP600 stopped working again, so I used that opportunity to remove the circuit board and touch up the solder connections for the caps. Put the board back in, without rotating the caps or etc., and it has all worked fine since. So, hopefully it was just a broken or cold soldered connection, and the problem will not happen again. I have really liked this tuner.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.