Nice Looking Feet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A friend and I are planning on building F5 Turbos in the HiFi2000 Pesante Dissipante 5U/400mm enclosures that the diyaudio store will soon be selling. I'd like to find a source for nice looking feet for the enclosures; preferably aluminum, at least 40mm in diameter and not terribly expensive. The amps will run hot (Class A, after all) and heavy (70+ lbs), so I'm less inclined to try squash balls, sorbothane pucks and other rubber-like feet.

Diyhifisupply has one offering (IsoMount Foot | Diy HiFi Supply), but there must be other options. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Regards,
Scott

Have something made. A local welding shop or other metal shop could slice off sections of round aluminum stock of the diameter you desire, then countersink a mounting hole in the center. Polish it up. Voila. Tell them: cut me pucks of round stock with countersunk center hole drilled.

Try your local cabinet making supplies. I got my amp feet in the cabinet handles section. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 178
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.