Single-supply opamp for portable headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm currently working on a portable amplifier that will be run off of a 3.7v Li-Ion cell, with a charging circuit (MCP73831/2) and a voltage booster (TPS61085)that will be able to supply between ~5 and 18v. It's been suggested to me to not try and create a split-supply amplifier, and instead use a single-supply opamp to drive my headphones. I'm aiming to be able to drive my DT880/600s, so I need quite a bit of voltage.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble nailing down the opamp though, there's such a huge selection and so many specifications to look at. Are there any commonly used SS opamps that someone can suggest? Thanks!

I'll post a picture of the current schematic later today, I'm not in an area that has one.

I am running a Decware ZenHead using DT770's. Sounds great and a lot better than the O2 I made recently.

Schematic etc can be found here.
ZKIT3 Personal battery operated headphone amplifier kit

I'm not looking for a pre designed amplifier, and the scale that I'm building this in is magnitudes smaller than the one you linked. I may build a medium sized amp later on, but if I do it's sure to be the O2.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.